CDV Photo of General Thomas W. Sweeny, Civil War General
In 1866, he commanded the ill-fated Fenian invasion of Canada, after which he was arrested for breaking neutrality laws between the United States and Britain, but was soon released. He retired from the Regular Army in 1870 as a brigadier general. Sweeny retired to Astoria on Long Island. He died there on April 10, 1892, and is buried in Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn.
This CDV was one of 98 images from an album that had belonged to General George Hampden Crosman. Currently this CDV is listed in our eBay store.
- old-faces likes this
- crazyredcoat likes this
- toadbaby likes this
- civilwarera reblogged this from revoltedstates
- civilwarme reblogged this from revoltedstates
- thecommongrave reblogged this from revoltedstates
- allaboutphasesogirl3333 reblogged this from ginnymaxwell
- allaboutphasesogirl3333 likes this
- revoltedstates reblogged this from ginnymaxwell
- ginnymaxwell posted this